WEST SYSTEM 207 EPOXY SPECIAL COATING HARDENER – PART “B” ONLY This hardener was especially developed for use with WEST SYSTEM Brand 105 Resin in coating applications where an exceptionally clear, moisture-resistant, natural wood finish is desired. Cures to a light amber color, similar to traditional spar varnishes. An ultraviolet inhibiting additive improves the resistance of a WEST SYSTEM 105/207 mixture to sunlight, but the cured epoxy surface will still require the additional protection of a quality UV-filtering varnish. 207 is designed to self level for smooth finishes, and to wet-out and bond fabrics. Although it provides good physical properties for general bonding applications, it is more difficult to thicken and less cost effective for this purpose than 205 or 206 Hardeners. It’s also used for laminating veneers where bleed through at joints may be exposed to sunlight. Product is sold by the .66 Pint, .33 Gallon and 1.45 Gallon.
- Mix Ratio, Resin:Hardener : 3:1 by volume (3.5:1 by weight)*
- Pot life at 72°F (22°C) : 22 to 27 minutes
- Cure to a solid state : 9 to 12 hours
- Cure to maximum strength : 4 to 7 days
- Minimum recommended temperature : 60°F (16°C)
- Pumps required : 300, 306-23 or 309-3
* Mix Ratios: The mix ratios above refer to the ratio of resin to hardener if you are metering by weight or volume. When using 300 Mini Pumps, pump one stroke of resin for every one stroke of hardener. Refer to the instructions included with the 300 Mini Pumps before using.
SHIPPING NOTE: All sizes considered hazardous if shipping by air. Both the .33 Gallon and 1.45 Gallon containers are hazardous if shipping by ground or air. If you choose to ship this product by Air or the size is hazardous to ship, we will contact you prior to shipping the order to notify you of the actual shipping cost. Any questions, please give us a call. Thank you for understanding.