WEST SYSTEM 209 EPOXY EXTRA SLOW HARDENER – PART “B” ONLY 209 Extra Slow Hardener is formulated for use with WEST SYSTEM Brand 105 Resin for general coating and bonding applications in extremely warm and/or humid conditions or when extended working time is desired at room temperature. Provides approximately twice the working time of 206 Slow Hardener. Forms a clear, amber-colored solid with good physical properties and moisture resistance for bonding and coating applications. Not intended for clear coating. Product is sold by the .66 Pint, .33 Gallon, 1.45 Gallon and 17.34 Gallon.
- Mix Ratio – Resin : Hardener : Pumps 3 : 1 by volume (3.5 : 1 by weight)*
- Pot life at 72°F (22°C) : 40 to 50 minutes
- Pot life at at 95°F (35°C) : 15 to 20 minutes
- Cure to a solid state at 72°F (22°C): 20 to 24 hours
- Cure to a solid state at at 95°F (35°C): 6 to 8 hours
- Cure to maximum strength at 72°F: 4 to 9 days
- Minimum recommended temperature : 70°F (21°C)
- Pumps required : 300, 306-23 or 309-3
* Mix Ratios: The mix ratios above refer to the ratio of resin to hardener if you are metering by weight or volume. When using 300 Mini Pumps, pump one stroke of resin for every one stroke of hardener. Refer to the instructions included with the 300 Mini Pumps before using.
SHIPPING NOTE: All sizes considered hazardous if shipping by air. The 1.45 gallon containers are hazardous shipping both Ground and Air. 17 gallon drums can only be shipped via freight truck. Please call for freight quote for shipping a drum. If you choose to ship this product by Air or the size is hazardous to ship, we will contact you prior to shipping the order to notify you of the actual shipping cost. Any questions, please give us a call. Thank you for understanding.